Special Event April 19 in Melbourne: ‘Are we alone? The hunt for E.T’
On Friday 19th April I shall be attending a special event with Ed Brown in Melbourne.
Tickets are $30 per person. Why not come along?
ARE WE ALONE? THE HUNT FOR E.T.
Are we alone in this vast universe, or are there planets outside our solar system teeming with life? That’s the question a panel of renowned local and international scientists, along with Fairfax science columnist Peter Spinks, will debate on Friday 19 April at 6:30pm at The Edge in Federation Square.
Hosted by The Age science columnist, Peter Spinks, Science at The Edge – ‘Are we alone? The hunt for E.T’, will see presentations from special guests including leading astrophysicists, cosmologists and astronomers from Melbourne, Monash and Swinburne Universities; as well as video interviews with experts from NASA, CSIRO, and the European Space Agency.
Presenters will be:
• Dr Alan Duffy, Melbourne University astrophysicist;
• Dr Katie Mack, Melbourne University cosmologist;
• Dr Rosemary Mardling, Monash University astronomer; and
• Dr Christopher Fluke, Swinburne University astrophysicist.
Video interviews from:
• Mr Allen Sirota, robotics supervisor at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory;
• Dr Mario Perez, NASA astrophysicist and planet hunter in Washington;
• Professor Mark Sims, former mission manager of the European Space Agency’s Mars probe, the Beagle, and now astrobiology professor at UK’s Leicester University;
• Dr David Patterson, CSIRO astrophysicist and citizen scientist with Planet Hunters.